Monday, December 9, 2013

Writing

As I'm continuing my project, I'm realizing that it isn't hard for me to jot down my feelings periodically throughout the day.  It's almost like a mini therapy session for myself.  This project already has shown me how important writing is to me - it's my passion. It's fun for me to experiment writing about different random things; it shows me how limitless the horizons of the world are. 

Along the lines of this, one of the main points I'm going to emphasize in my presentation is the importance of having an outlet.  This is important for all students and adults as well; we put so much stress and pressure on ourselves and it's important to let it out once and a while.  Bottling stress and pain is one of the most emotionally draining routes in life you can take, because you are always subconsciously thinking about the issue.  It always puts you in a perpetual bad mood and you can never truly focus on anything because you're constantly worrying.  When I was younger, something not so great happened and I just pretended that it didn't.  I couldn't believe that it did and I completely blocked it out.  While this worked for about a year, it just became too hard to keep pretending.  The thoughts began to creep back and I didn't know what to do or think.  I began blaming myself for something that wasn't my fault.  I also kept telling myself that the situation could have been so much worse and that I should feel pain like the people who have it much worse.  I blocked everybody out of my life and drowned myself in the past and in the pain of the rest of the world.  By day, I would act completely normal -- I would do anything to try and fit in with everybody else, even if it meant not being myself.  Fitting in seemed to numb the pain, but at the end of the day when I was all alone in my room...things got bad.  Once I finally started admitting what happened and realizing that it's not my fault, it got easier to live with myself.  I started writing my feelings, and once they were out they didn't come back for a while.  I never really felt good about myself unless if I wrote.  Writing in a sense saved me, and I want everybody to know that it gets better.  Once you find a way to express the pain/stress in your life, it goes on and you can escape the awful moods.  

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea for your presentation. Very smart approach.

    ReplyDelete